Home » Other » Client Tools » Regional settings (windows) damage sqldeveloper (windows xp)
Regional settings (windows) damage sqldeveloper [message #322980] Tue, 27 May 2008 00:10 Go to next message
arousset
since microsoft pubished the patch for regional settings due to venezuelas change of hour, if i set time zone Caracas, sqldeveloper don't show numbers properly.
Has somebody any idea of how to workaround this?

Thanks in advance
Re: Regional settings (windows) damage sqldeveloper [message #322987 is a reply to message #322980] Tue, 27 May 2008 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Don't set time zone Caracas (if possible). As the world is divided into 24 time zones (15 degrees each), you might choose another city which is in the same time zone as Caracas.

Of course, it might be impossible if Hugo Chavez chose to lead the country in its own time zone. In that case, hm, no idea. Might it be that Microsoft's patch collides with Oracle?

By the way, what does it mean "sqldeveloper don't show numbers properly". How do numbers look like now?
Re: Regional settings (windows) damage sqldeveloper [message #323241 is a reply to message #322987] Tue, 27 May 2008 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arousset
well, Chavez did decided to lead the country in his own time zone, so we have to deal with that.
I think that yes, the microsoft patch collides with oracle sqldeveloper. Using others tools there isn't any change.

What happens -only in sqldeveloper- is that if I set time zone in Caracas, then when I execute a query over numeric fields, the ones that have commas are not shown. the result grid shows fields empty of values...
Re: Regional settings (windows) damage sqldeveloper [message #323265 is a reply to message #323241] Wed, 28 May 2008 00:13 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
So he really did that?!? Hugo! /forum/fa/2115/0/

Hm, would it help if you modify NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS? See this example:
SQL> alter session set nls_numeric_characters = '.,';

Session altered.

SQL> select to_char(1234.56, '999G999D99') from dual;

TO_CHAR(123
-----------

SQL>
So - could you, perhaps, see whether it does any good in SQL Developer? I don't use it, but ALTER SESSION is a valid statement in TOAD (so I believe it might be executed in SQL Developer as well).

Anyhow: in NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS = 'first_char second_char', the "first_char" is a decimal point character, while the second_char is a "thousands" separator. So, you may set it to ',.' or '.,' - test how it behaves.
Previous Topic: i cudnt use bind variables in toad ..pls find me a solution for this. .
Next Topic: Access Discoverer Tables using SQL Developer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:06:14 CDT 2024