Home » Other » General » Recovery software
Recovery software [message #325382] Fri, 06 June 2008 01:40 Go to next message
srina
Regards to all, I had some data copied to my pc a few days back and later on found that the hard drive was making some kind of a noise. This was not a problem at first…but now it is!!!!! The hard drive is now corrupted and I need the data back. I know there is software for this purpose but I need a tried and tested one…that one which has been used by you people and was good at its work.

Thanks in advance!!!!

[MERGED by LF]

[Updated on: Fri, 06 June 2008 04:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Looking for trusted data recovery software. [message #325398 is a reply to message #325382] Fri, 06 June 2008 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
First of all, I hope that you are aware of the fact that this is Oracle forum. As an Oracle "professional", you should backup your database. Therefore, after purchasing a new hard disk drive, restore the most recent backup.

However, I *smell* that you aren't talking about a lost Oracle database, are you? That's why I moved your topic from Business Intelligence forum to General one (by the way, why did you put this question to BI forum? What does it have to do with BI?). If, by any chance, you ARE talking about Oracle-related backup & restore problems, we'll move it to a more appropriate one.

If not, please, keep your questions related to Oracle. Otherwise, look for answers elsewhere; there are PC software forums out there, just search for them. Google might help.
Re: Looking for trusted data recovery software. [message #325439 is a reply to message #325382] Fri, 06 June 2008 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
So far, you have posted twice on the OraFAQ forums, both totally unrelated to Oracle.
Since you were told of last time, why did you again post here?!
Just trolling?!
Need to recover files on FAT16!! [message #325450 is a reply to message #325382] Fri, 06 June 2008 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srina
Hi people, I have a system that has FAT16 file system on it. I have that file system on that for some reason so I don’t need to upgrade on that….but recently I had some files deleted and now I need to get them back. They are important for my official use and hold great importance. I know that there is software for recovery but since I have a FAT16 file system I guess that all won’t work on that.

Please let me know the solution for this problem.

Re: Need to recover files on FAT16!! [message #325454 is a reply to message #325450] Fri, 06 June 2008 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Trolling it is.
Re: Need to recover files on FAT16!! [message #325460 is a reply to message #325450] Fri, 06 June 2008 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
PC Tools

Regards
Michel
Does anyone know any software to recover deleted files? [message #325648 is a reply to message #325382] Sat, 07 June 2008 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jiyasil
Hi, I have a small problem for which I would like you people to help me out. I have been using my system since a few years which runs XP on it. A few days back ,I had been out and during that time my kids deleted some important video files and databases that are now required. To have more troubles I have re-installed windows on that and now I need the deleted ones back. So, I am looking for a software that can be the best resort to my problem.

Please help me out in getting one!!!!

Re: Does anyone know any software to recover deleted files? [message #325651 is a reply to message #325648] Sat, 07 June 2008 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
PC Tools.

Regards
Michel
Re: Does anyone know any software to recover deleted files? [message #325685 is a reply to message #325651] Sat, 07 June 2008 09:33 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
[After merging similar topics for the n-th time]

What's the matter with you, guys? Your IP addresses suggest that data is often lost in your part of the world, which doesn't *smell* good. Not because I'm worried about your data /forum/fa/1579/0/ but because I'm going to report you to site administrator if you continue flooding Oracle FAQ forum with such messages.

So, either discuss Oracle related problems here, or find another place under the Sun for you.

Just to make it clear: if you were OraFAQ Forum regulars and found yourself in such problems, I wouldn't say a word; (sh)it happens, so - why wouldn't you discuss it here? But, being an obvious newbie and trolling (?) here - no way.
Previous Topic: VMWare
Next Topic: How to convert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:25:59 CDT 2024