Home » Other » General » what is a user_id in sys.dba_users ? (oracle 10g, windows xp)
what is a user_id in sys.dba_users ? [message #326677] Thu, 12 June 2008 04:17 Go to next message
Smith_X
I use SQL

select * from sys.dba_users;

and it show me a USER_ID and USERNAME

normally, when I create user in Oracle. I specify only USERNAME

i.e. create user <username> identified by <password>

so, what's the USER_ID number ??? ==> question#1

Next, is it possible that more than one user have the same "USER_ID"? I mean the duplicate number. ===> question#2

Regards,
Smith_X
Re: what is a user_id in sys.dba_users ? [message #326695 is a reply to message #326677] Thu, 12 June 2008 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
so, what's the USER_ID number ??? ==> question#1

Internal user number. I always wonder why Oracle expose it in catalog view.

Quote:
Next, is it possible that more than one user have the same "USER_ID"? I mean the duplicate number. ===> question#2

No.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Thu, 12 June 2008 23:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: what is a user_id in sys.dba_users ? [message #326885 is a reply to message #326695] Thu, 12 June 2008 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smith_X
Thank you very much for your reply, Michel Cadot.

As far as I understand, user_id may use to refer to problematic username i.e. lowercase username with undefined character or username with space ("RASHEL ").

Excuse me, are there any tip that I can play with user_id that I did not know, please? Can I use this data to audit something?

Re: what is a user_id in sys.dba_users ? [message #326886 is a reply to message #326885] Thu, 12 June 2008 23:45 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
As far as I know it is userless for us and only of some use for Oracle.

Oh yes, the only use I can see: in trace file if you don't want to use tkprof to analyze it.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Oracle licensing
Next Topic: Oracle contact support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:39:56 CDT 2024