Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » HOW TO SET VALUE TO A VARIALBLE DECLARED IN THE PACKAGE WITH THE HELP OF ORACLE STORED PROCEDURE THA
HOW TO SET VALUE TO A VARIALBLE DECLARED IN THE PACKAGE WITH THE HELP OF ORACLE STORED PROCEDURE THA [message #36371] Wed, 21 November 2001 23:58 Go to next message
Ayyappan pillai Sujith Ku
Dear Friends,

From the VB, I called a stored procedure, that is supposed to set a value to a variable that is declared in an oracle Package. But even thoug I could set value to that Variable with stored procedure which was called from SQL +, I could not set the value when i involked the stored procedure from VB. But stored procedure woking fine from VB except that variable. The Oralce and VB is connected with ADO. Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.
Sujith Kumar. A

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: HOW TO SET VALUE TO A VARIALBLE DECLARED IN THE PACKAGE WITH THE HELP OF ORACLE STORED PROCEDURE [message #36384 is a reply to message #36371] Fri, 23 November 2001 08:03 Go to previous message
andrew again
remember that when you set that variable that it is only valid as long as you keep the session open, and obviously only visible from that session. If you are opening and closing your connection you would have a problrm.
Try calling the procedures froma single call to make sure that they are working. e.g.
begin
pkg1.proc1_set_pkgvar;
pkg2.read_pkg1_proc1_var;
end;

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic: Outer join to more than one table
Next Topic: Using COPY in a LOOP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:00:57 CDT 2024