Home » RDBMS Server » Security » OID - Importance of Wallet in OID without SSL and Other problems (Oracle 9i, 9.2.0.1, Windows XP)
OID - Importance of Wallet in OID without SSL and Other problems [message #357388] Wed, 05 November 2008 03:02
amit_nanote

Hi All,

I am trying to configure OID for Windows XP using Oracle 9i. After successful Configuration I have created a user(schema) identified it globally. And created enterprise user(Say AMIT) with database mapping to the created User(schema). But When try to connect to user(schema) with Enterprise User name(AMIT) It gives me error.

SQL> conn amit/welcome1
ERROR:
ORA-28030: Server encountered problems accessing LDAP directory service

Analyzing more on this error ( in oracle_home/ldap/log) I have found that there is SSL handshake error.
Error -
SSL Hand Shake failed 28862

Why this is so.
I am having a list of question related to the configuration.
1. My Machine is mac-22, so dc=mac-22,dc=com is the ldap default admin context.
2. Ports are default 389:636 open and up for the OID.
3. DIRECTORY_SERVER_TYPE = OID
4. My Defaul domain is mac.co.in
5. NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME,LDAP)

Questions -
1. is there any conflict between Default domain and admin context.
2. Is Windows XP is appropriate OS for OID implementation or Is OID supported by XP.
3. Why Wallet is important. Is there any option with which wallet wont be required for the configuration.
4. Is LDAP with Oracle widely used by DBAs or there any other alternate other then Active Directory or Open LDAP.

I have Refereed following links -
http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/LDAP_OID_9.2.0/LDAP_1.shtml
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/database-security-10g/howtos/eus-how-to.html

Waiting for the replies Smile

Regards
Amit Nanote
Previous Topic: Copy *all* object privileges to new schema user
Next Topic: sequence to change db users passwords
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:18:25 CDT 2024