|OID - Importance of Wallet in OID without SSL and Other problems [message #357388]
||Wed, 05 November 2008 03:02
Hi All, |
I am trying to configure OID for Windows XP using Oracle 9i. After successful Configuration I have created a user(schema) identified it globally. And created enterprise user(Say AMIT) with database mapping to the created User(schema). But When try to connect to user(schema) with Enterprise User name(AMIT) It gives me error.
SQL> conn amit/welcome1
ORA-28030: Server encountered problems accessing LDAP directory service
Analyzing more on this error ( in oracle_home/ldap/log) I have found that there is SSL handshake error.
SSL Hand Shake failed 28862
Why this is so.
I am having a list of question related to the configuration.
1. My Machine is mac-22, so dc=mac-22,dc=com is the ldap default admin context.
2. Ports are default 389:636 open and up for the OID.
3. DIRECTORY_SERVER_TYPE = OID
4. My Defaul domain is mac.co.in
5. NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, ONAMES, HOSTNAME,LDAP)
1. is there any conflict between Default domain and admin context.
2. Is Windows XP is appropriate OS for OID implementation or Is OID supported by XP.
3. Why Wallet is important. Is there any option with which wallet wont be required for the configuration.
4. Is LDAP with Oracle widely used by DBAs or there any other alternate other then Active Directory or Open LDAP.
I have Refereed following links -
Waiting for the replies