Home » Other » Community Hangout » greet the member for his memorable dates
greet the member for his memorable dates [message #363363] Sat, 06 December 2008 02:56 Go to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi,

since our server has been upgraded, forum itself can greet the member on his birthday if he happens to enter into the forum on the day of memorable day (like birth day greets (community Hangout) ) since all people talks tech,tech,tech and so on... and for a change, of course without mentioning their age

Laughing
yours
dr.s.raghunathan
@barbara,

so many times you have helped why don't you put your face as avatar so that we can thank to real images in heart.
Re: greet the member for his memorable dates [message #363365 is a reply to message #363363] Sat, 06 December 2008 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Once more you ask for personal data but you:
- hide your country and other geographical data
- hide your age
- hide your IP
- didn't add you to orafaq map (see your previous topic, http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/363364/102589/)
- hide your face (your avatar mainly show your belly Smile )

First correct that then ask from others.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2008 03:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: greet the member for his memorable dates [message #363383 is a reply to message #363365] Sat, 06 December 2008 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr.s.raghunathan
hi michel,

the very same day i have updated the data in frapper/orafaq forum with full address.if anything is missing then it is only out of ignorance on handling. I was delighted to see the rimless spectacles, big musstage etc. Generally peoples brain will be very heavy whereas i keep my belly to very great extent. Any way since you have asked my bio-data i give the details. you can strip it anything which is not needed.

<personal data removed by LF, as requested by Dr.s.raghuanthan>

No heavy knowledge on web based applications. I presume i am very good in clipper and trying to adopt myself to oracle environement. Hence oracle Newbie. That's all

since heavy rain is coming before power goes off i want to finish off hence temporarily closing this message and will be back soon if needed.
yours
dr.s.raghunathan

[EDITED by LF: removed personal data]

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2008 10:27] by Moderator

Re: greet the member for his memorable dates [message #363384 is a reply to message #363383] Sat, 06 December 2008 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I was not asked you put your bio in details here, just you update your OraFAQ profile filling the fields you want us to fill.

If you don't mind, about your location, I prefer a googlemaps link than a postal address.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sat, 06 December 2008 10:04]

Re: greet the member for his memorable dates [message #363385 is a reply to message #363384] Sat, 06 December 2008 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
There might be exceptions, but I believe that most of us are adults and everyone probably knows how to care for him/herself. I don't know whether it matters or not, but this world is - unfortunately - inhabited with creatures whose intentions are not always decent.

Therefore, I'd rather you (or anyone else) NOT publish your personal information on the OraFAQ Forum. As far as I'm concerned, "India" is OK, "Tamil Nadu" is even more descriptive, while "Neyveli" should be as close as one should mention.

I'm not saying that someone will really (ab)use this information, but you can never know. Therefore, dr.s.raghunathan, if you'd like your personal data to be removed from your previous message, say so - it will be done.
Re: greet the member for his memorable dates [message #363390 is a reply to message #363385] Sat, 06 December 2008 11:06 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
The more personal information you put on the internet, the more likely you are to be a victim of identity theft or stalking or some such thing. I think it is good to use your own name, but understand people that are reluctant to even do that. I also think it is O.K. to say what general area you are from and even put it on a map. However, I recommended not posting your address, telephone, or birthdate or any such thing that might be used for identify theft, stalking or bothersome phone calls. I know people are curious and I am too and I don't think there is any harm in sharing information about interests and experiences. I am not much into photography. I rarely take pictures or pose for them or store pictures of others. I think I prefer to keep my face a mystery.
Previous Topic: want to see the avatars of giant personalities
Next Topic: strange dream; what does it mean?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:41:59 CDT 2024