Home » SQL & PL/SQL » SQL & PL/SQL » Pragma Restrict References
Pragma Restrict References [message #37056] Sun, 13 January 2002 21:53 Go to next message
Angie Tan
Hi,

In one of my select statement, i need to call an function in procedure a. however it keep giving error "violate associated pragma".

However, if i put that function in procedure b, there was no error at all. Pls advise.

Thanks

Regards, Angie
Re: Pragma Restrict References [message #37057 is a reply to message #37056] Sun, 13 January 2002 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pratap kumar tripathy
Hi,

Not all the stand-alone or package function can be called during execution of SQL statement.It should meet certain restrictions and it is called "PURITY LEVELS". There are 4-types of purity level :RNDPS,WNDS,RNPS,WNPS.

So, your function is not meeting those criteria.change your function to do so.

thanx
pratap
Re: Pragma Restrict References [message #37061 is a reply to message #37057] Mon, 14 January 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew again
pratap is right. In 8i, the use of Pragma Restrict References is not so important. The pl/sql compiler tries to determine this itself, but that does not mean that you can call whatever function you want from inline SQL.
Re: Pragma Restrict References [message #37148 is a reply to message #37056] Mon, 21 January 2002 07:02 Go to previous message
dinakar shetty
HI the
pratap is right
but if are updating some thing in the database then that is the problem
other wise if u have the function in package then u have use pragma restrct references
Previous Topic: Unwrap a file
Next Topic: Time conversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:18:11 CDT 2024