Home » Other » General » Why Oracle?
Why Oracle? [message #365534] Fri, 25 September 1998 15:15 Go to next message
Nirm Shanbhag
I work for a market research firm that is doing a study on various application development tools and systems. I'd like to get input regarding Oracle from people who have some experience with the products. While I'd prefer that responses be emailed to me, I understand if some of you would rather post them to the group, given the whole idea behind a user group. Please email me with your opinions, keeping in mind the following questions:

What is the best thing about Oracle and its products?

What is the worst thing about Oracle and its products?

Why did you choose an Oracle product over any other alternatives?

Imagine that Oracle (the company) were a person. Describe them,what they wear, what they do for fun, etc.

If you are a VAR or ISV and use Oracle products to develop applications that you sell to end-users, what does the Oracle name mean to your end-users? Do they care where your product comes from? Should they care?

Thanks in advance. Anything you can think of will be a tremendous help. I'll be sure to post a summary of the responses.

Nirm Shanbhag
Manager of Market Research
Harpell/Martins & Company
nshanbhag@harpell.com
Re: Why Oracle? [message #365604 is a reply to message #365534] Thu, 25 February 1999 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pat the Rat
Uh,

How much do we get paid to do the survey?
Re: Why Oracle? [message #365719 is a reply to message #365534] Tue, 09 November 1999 11:07 Go to previous message
B Klair
why should i use oracle over access. I know that with oracle you can have more users but apart from that why should i use oracle instead of another database?
Or why should i use another databse instead of oracle.
Previous Topic: Megapatches on 10.7 NCA - Do you or don't you!?!
Next Topic: year 2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:02:30 CDT 2024