Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Please Help!! The problem of the installation of iAS
Please Help!! The problem of the installation of iAS [message #367514] Mon, 06 November 2000 21:39 Go to next message
hunter

Anybody who have installed the iAS on the unix/linux system? I do need your help!
when install the oracle dbms,the oracle.dba user is used. But the white paper said I must use oracle.oinstall during the installation of iAS.then what shall I do with the former oracle user?
How to set the DISPLAY envionment?
I use bash shell,and tried the following:

DISPLAY=m9999:0.0
export DISPLAY

but there R still errors"can't connect"
Sometimes when I runInstaller,the server took no response at all.Sometimes I got a lot of errors!I donot know why?

The white paper said I must change the ORACLE_HOME to avoid conflict.shall I change it in the .bash_profile or in the prompt mode. Now I changed the ./bash_profile, my oracle DBMS can't start now! My heart burst!

What shall I do?
Any help will be gratified.
Re: Please Help!! The problem of the installation of iAS [message #367515 is a reply to message #367514] Tue, 07 November 2000 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Logan Wood
Not sure about your problem with the Installer, but I can tell you how I completed the iAS installation on Linux...

1. I used a PC running X-emulation software as my X-Windows server, and set the DISPLAY variable to the IP address of the PC.

2. Leave your Oracle8i installation exactly as it is. You should have an 'oracle' user (the name is not important, but 'oracle' is the usual name used) with primary group 'dba'. The bash_profile for this user must set the correct ORACLE_HOME for the RDBMS software. This is normally done by executing the oraenv script in your bash_profile, having already set the ORACLE_SID to the name of an entry that exists in /etc/oratab which references the correct ORACLE_HOME.
3. Create a new user (for example, 'ias') in group 'oinstall', to use for the ias installation. Make sure the ORACLE_HOME environment variable references a completely different directory than the ORACLE_HOME for your RDBMS installation. For example, I have used /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6 for the RDBMS, and /u01/app/ias/product/1.0.0 for iAS). The bash_profile for the iAS user must set the ORACLE_HOME variable for the iAS software.
4. You can run the installer now from the ias user. As I said, you're better off using a remote host for your X-windows terminal.
Re: Please Help!! The problem of the installation of iAS [message #367516 is a reply to message #367515] Tue, 07 November 2000 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hunter

I will try right now.
can I set DISPLAY as "IP:0.0"
I am wondering at the meaning of ":0.0" in the white paper all the time?what is the meaning?
Re: Please Help!! The problem of the installation of iAS [message #367517 is a reply to message #367515] Tue, 07 November 2000 04:03 Go to previous message
Dean Logan Wood
Hi Hunter,

The '0.0' refers to the server and screen on which you wish to start your X-Windows session. It is possible to run more than one X-server on a single host, and also possible to have more than one screen attached to the host. '0.0' refers to the first X-server and first screen of the specified host. You should generally stick to this value.

Yes, you can use an IP address rather than a host name. If you use a host name, it must be resolvable by the server you start the installer from using DNS or /etc/hosts.
Previous Topic: Need to display images in browser that are storeded in 7.3.4
Next Topic: Deployment of Forms on WEB by using OAS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:43:32 CDT 2024