Home » Other » General » Barcode
Barcode [message #369264] Thu, 27 July 2000 22:59 Go to next message
good
I would like to inventory all my stuffs or goods. These stuffs label with barcode.

There are some question I would like ask about this :
1. Do you know the process how to read the stuffs/goods that label with barcode and insert the data to oracle 8.1.5 database ?
2. What kind of barcode reader (hardware) that suitable to Oracle8.1.5 database and Developer2000 version 6 ?
3. How to make it the program in developer2000 version 6. so that can read the barcode and insert the data to oracle8.1.5 database ?
4. Do you have any program/sample to read the barcode and insert the data to oracle8.1.5 ?
5. Are there any website about this ?

regards,
Re: Barcode [message #369268 is a reply to message #369264] Fri, 28 July 2000 12:57 Go to previous message
Sam
1. Do you know the process how to read the stuffs/goods that label with barcode and insert the data to oracle 8.1.5 database ?

There is nothing special about oracle 8.1.5 and barcode reader (Its an input device just like your key board and mouse). Only thing is you have to configure the barcode reader (Usually this is by reading some barcodes in the setup chart) according to the codes on your stuffs

2. What kind of barcode reader (hardware) that suitable to Oracle8.1.5 database and Developer2000 version 6 ?

Any thing that work with your system….most probably you can connect this to the key board port. (If you want key board and barcode reader at the same time….there is option for connecting both at the same time to the keyboard port)

3. How to make it the program in developer2000 version 6. so that can read the barcode and insert the data to oracle8.1.5 database ?

How you are doing this with key board…place the control on the desired filed…scan the barcode….it will there.

4. Do you have any program/sample to read the barcode and insert the data to oracle 8.1.5 ?

You can test your barcode reader with any application

4. Are there any website about this ?

I don't know….

It's so cool, not a big deal….go ahead…all the best

Sam
Previous Topic: Data conversion from Sqlserver to Oracle
Next Topic: Coolgen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:00:06 CDT 2024