Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Querying on date in Forms
Querying on date in Forms [message #375451] Wed, 25 October 2000 12:35 Go to next message
Prapoorna
Hi,

I have a date field(base table item) in Forms and i want to query the table on the date. When the query is executed it gives the message '0 records retrieved' even though there are records in the table for the date queried.

I guess it is because of the timestamp attached to the date, it is not able to retrieve the records. However if the seconds value(in HH:MM:SS) is 00 then the record is retrieved and if the seconds value is anything apart from 00 then it shows the above message.
How to i solve this and query the table on a specific date from Forms.

Thanks.
Re: Querying on date in Forms [message #375457 is a reply to message #375451] Fri, 27 October 2000 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
snehal
Try this :
In pre-query modify the where clause using set_block_property so that it looks like :
where trunc( date_column ) = :block_name.item_name
Re: Querying on date in Forms [message #375463 is a reply to message #375451] Fri, 27 October 2000 11:04 Go to previous message
Prapoorna
Hi,

Thanks for the help, I tried but while compiling the pre-query trigger, gives an error, it does not allow me to set one of the property of the same block on which the query is written.

It gives an error saying, The identifier must be declared. Let me know..!!!

Thanks.
Previous Topic: ORA-06553: PLS-320
Next Topic: REP-0159 Message while running report from Forms6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:00:21 CDT 2024