Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » how to change regedit NLS_LANG parameter Dunamicly (Form 6i & 10g)
icon4.gif  how to change regedit NLS_LANG parameter Dunamicly [message #379170] Mon, 05 January 2009 04:06 Go to next message
justb2009
Dear All,
we have an application at our company work in mualtiy language environments for example Arabic and English, once you need to run it in English environment you have to go to Nls_Lang parameters and change all the parameters to special language that you need and once you wann to change it into Arabic so you have to comeback again and go to regedit and change the all of Nls_Lang parameters and I think its not good way, so can any one help I'm think of an method that when the user login into the system choice his language or but an default language and the user can switch into one that he need. using form 6i and form 10g we have both appication.
please feel free to contact me at my email justb2004@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Mon, 05 January 2009 05:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to change regedit NLS_LANG parameter Dunamicly [message #379994 is a reply to message #379170] Thu, 08 January 2009 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Search this forum for 'nls_lang'. The question has been answered previously.

David
Re: how to change regedit NLS_LANG parameter Dunamicly [message #380340 is a reply to message #379994] Sun, 11 January 2009 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justb2009
Dear Mr.Divad,
thank you very much for your reply, actually I use the search in in this form but I didn't find the specific thing that I'm looking for as I mention about it in my last msg, or if there is a piece of code that I can but it inside when_button_prssed trigger that can change the nls_lang dirctley so I'm wondering if you have a specific link for my question or document can help me
thank you very much again.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 January 2009 00:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to change regedit NLS_LANG parameter Dunamicly [message #380450 is a reply to message #380340] Sun, 11 January 2009 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Googlong 'oracle forms thai' I found the document http://www.pramati.com/docstore/1230019/ad_oforms.htm which contains the text:
Using multi-lingual forms
To compose forms in languages that use other font sets, the font properties must be modified in the file font.properties. This file is located in <ORACLE_HOME>\JRE11\lib. Shown below is a revised entry in the properties file for using Thai language fonts:

dialog.0=ThaiProp,DEFAULT_CHARSET

Also have a look at http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/298672/67467/?srch=thai#msg_298672 and http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/222777/67467/?srch=thai#msg_222777

I suggest using PM to contact the authors and see how they are getting on with using the Thai character set.

David
Re: how to change regedit NLS_LANG parameter Dunamicly [message #655040 is a reply to message #379170] Fri, 19 August 2016 07:13 Go to previous message
Laxya
Hi Justb,

I have same requirement as yours. I have a tabular data block in form 6i and I want the table headers to be changed based on user login credentials, for example if user logs in using Arabic then table headers should dynamically change to Arabic or if user log in using English then table headers should change dynamically to English and so on.

Basically the language of column headers should change/set dynamically.

If you have achieved this then please help me in this regard.

I am using form 6i and database version is 10g.
Previous Topic: webutil
Next Topic: MMX files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:37:57 CDT 2024