Home » Other » General » Releasing Row Level Locks Manually (Oracle 10g Rel 2)
icon5.gif  Releasing Row Level Locks Manually [message #415489] Tue, 28 July 2009 01:40 Go to next message
Rajesh.barnwal

Hi Gurus,
I need a small help. Is there any way so that we can manually release a row level lock (not by killing the session). Or Is there any parameter/feature in Oracle so that the row level locks are released automatically after a defined time say 20 or 30 mins.

Pls help me asap. Its very urgent!!

thank you in Advance
Rajesh

EDITED by LF: specified product version after topics have being merged.

Furthermore, as topics were placed into Reports and RAC forums, I'll move them - for now - into the General forum. If necessary, it may be relocated again.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 July 2009 01:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Releasing Row Level Locks Manually [message #415499 is a reply to message #415489] Tue, 28 July 2009 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
COMMIT or ROLLBACK might do the job.
Re: Releasing Row Level Locks Manually [message #415504 is a reply to message #415499] Tue, 28 July 2009 02:07 Go to previous message
Rajesh.barnwal

thank you for the fast reply.
I know it but say the user who have updated/inserted the row does neither commit nor rollback it. Now the row is locked. And also his session is somehow not idle. So the concept of resource allocation does not come into picture. I don't want this to be locked for infinite time. Hence the requirement.

thank you in Advance,
Rajesh
Previous Topic: Puzzle
Next Topic: I am New in Database Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:41:06 CDT 2024