Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Windows Server 2008 and Oracle XE (newest)
Windows Server 2008 and Oracle XE [message #427380] Thu, 22 October 2009 05:27 Go to next message
juan_
Hi there,

my name is juan an i am an informatics student, handling with some databases atm. I'm really interessted in working with "a more prof. database", so i decided to delete my- and postgreSQL and installed Oracle XE.

I've installed Win2008 Server in a VirtualBox on a Debian maschine. everything works fine. but after i installed oracle on an other partition, the launching of that "starter app" quits with this error:

i can actually understand what it means, but i don't know why. i haven't moved any files elsewhere. i just installed it on a mountet fat32 device. does fat32 cannot handle any "newer app" ?

I hope to find some answers here Wink

Thank you!!

Re: Windows Server 2008 and Oracle XE [message #427388 is a reply to message #427380] Thu, 22 October 2009 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Oracle's Certification Matrices show whether operating system you use is certified with certain Oracle product or not.

It appears that MS Windows server 2008 is not even listed in there (as far as Oracle 10g Express Edition is concerned, unlike, for example, Oracle 10g Standard Edition), so I *guess* that this combination is not supported.

However, Linux x86 makes it possible to install Oracle 10g XE; I'm far from knowing Debian - Google says that it is a free distribution of the GNU/Linux operating system so - did you try to install XE directly on Debian? (Just make sure to download Linux XE version!)

Otherwise, perhaps you should try to install XE on MS Windows XP operating system (either on a standalone computer or in your VirtualBox) (as it is certified with XE).
Re: Windows Server 2008 and Oracle XE [message #427423 is a reply to message #427380] Thu, 22 October 2009 09:25 Go to previous message
juan_
thank you for the link!
what a pitty that m$ is not listed.

yeah oracle XE runs on debian, but i want to use MS Server 2008 for other reasons Wink

Thank you!
Previous Topic: Install Oracle 8.0.5 on Win 2003 Server Standard and Win XP SP1.
Next Topic: Form10g slow on Vista and 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:41:37 CDT 2024