Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » backup problem
backup problem [message #45751] Sun, 11 April 2004 22:11 Go to next message
MD. SAKIL
hi all,

i have developed a form to backup my schema. i have created a button using when_button_pressed trigger and used the following code for backup.

----------
host('exp scott/tiger@orcl file=e:csd'||to_char(sysdate,'ddmmyyyy')||'.dmp grants=y compress=y indexes=y rows=y constraints=y log=e:csd'||to_char(sysdate,'ddmmyyyy')||'.log owner=scott');
-------------

whenever i run this form it creates a .dmp file and a log file. it creates a new file everytime.

what i want is that to generate a single file which will overwrite the previous days file and not creating a new one.

is this possible

plz help

sakil
Re: backup problem [message #45762 is a reply to message #45751] Mon, 12 April 2004 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
William Robertson
That command will create an export file and logfile with names that include today's date. How do you want the files to be named? Or if you want to delete previous files, what should the rule be if there are many files?
Re: backup problem [message #45766 is a reply to message #45762] Tue, 13 April 2004 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MD. SAKIL
thanks for the reply,

i know that this will create an export file and logfile with names that include today's date. i want the files to be named something like a.dmp and a.log. and i also want to delete all previous files,there should not be many files? only the current file.

like today im running the form and it will generate a file *.dmp. when i run it tommorow it will delete previous days file and generare a new *.dmp file again.
Re: backup problem [message #45778 is a reply to message #45766] Wed, 14 April 2004 04:31 Go to previous message
Thomas G
Is there any reason for not simply changing the

csd'||to_char(sysdate,'ddmmyyyy')||'.dmp

to

csd.dmp

then ?
Previous Topic: Create a database with the backup (but not a standby)
Next Topic: oracle backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:23:39 CDT 2024