Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged)
Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged) [message #477207] Wed, 29 September 2010 08:14 Go to next message
rcoltrane
I have a program that was attached to an Access 2003 database but now I need to port it to an OracleXE database. I did the whole migration and it is working fine, except for some CLOB fields that are giving me an error.

I'm using ADO to retrieve/record data to OracleXE but when I try to record some data to one of my tables that has multiple CLOB fields, it gives me a Run-time error like this:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)'

Here's the code I'm using to record to the OraXE table:

With RS
.Open ("SELECT * FROM VAGAS"), DBConn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
.AddNew
!consultor = pblCodCon
!status_vaga = varCodStatVaga
!detvaga = txtDetVaga.Text
!qtde_vagas = txtQtdeVagas.Text
!tipo_vaga = varCodTipoVaga
!taxa_selecao = txtTXSel.Text
!ocorrencia = txtOcorrencia.Text

The CLOB fields here are !detvaga and !ocorrencia and when it start recording, the 1st CLOB field (detvaga) is recorded but when it reaches the 2nd CLOB (ocorrencia) it gives me that annoiyng run-time error from above.

Please help!
Thanks for reading.
Roger.
Re: Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged) [message #477214 is a reply to message #477207] Wed, 29 September 2010 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
I don't know what you have.
I don't know what you do.
I don't know what you see.
It is really, Really, REALLY difficult to fix a problem that can not be seen.
use COPY & PASTE so we can see what you do & how Oracle responds.

It would be helpful if you followed Posting Guidelines - http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Re: Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged) [message #477215 is a reply to message #477207] Wed, 29 September 2010 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tahpush

Have you tried adOpenKeyset instead of adOpenStatic ?
Re: Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged) [message #477217 is a reply to message #477215] Wed, 29 September 2010 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rcoltrane
GREAT TAPUSH!!!! It's working fine now! What is the difference between AdOpenKeyset and AdOpenStatic?? I never know which one to use... Confused

Thanks for your support!
Regards,
Roger.
Re: Problem recording multiple CLOB using VB - ADO (merged) [message #477222 is a reply to message #477217] Wed, 29 September 2010 09:15 Go to previous message
tahpush

Glad it worked. Just a wild guess
Google for the documentation.
Previous Topic: How can I connect Borland C++ builder 6 and oracle 10g??
Next Topic: ODBC Session Length
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:25:12 CDT 2024