Home » Server Options » Data Guard » ARCH wait on SENDREQ while configured with LGWR ASYNC attributes (10.2.0.3.0 on Linux)
ARCH wait on SENDREQ while configured with LGWR ASYNC attributes [message #477892] Tue, 05 October 2010 01:59 Go to next message
TonSchoen
In statspack I find a lot of wait events "ARCH wait on SENDREQ". The database is configured with the LGWR ASYNC attribute. In the documentation I can read that the "ARCH wait"-events may happen in case the database is configured with the ARCH attribute.
How is it possible I get these "ARCH wait"-envents and do these wait events have any effect on the "on line" performance of the database?
Is it possible that a user that saves data in the database has to wait for thest "ARCH wait"-events?
Re: ARCH wait on SENDREQ while configured with LGWR ASYNC attributes [message #478891 is a reply to message #477892] Wed, 13 October 2010 05:10 Go to previous message
kamkan
HI,
Could you post log_archive_dest_x entries from init file. This shall be resolved by increasing log_archive_max_processes
Previous Topic: Physical standby with same SID
Next Topic: Dataguard - windows to Aix (logical)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:59:47 CDT 2024