Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Printing reports directly [merged] (Forms 11g)
Printing reports directly [merged] [message #492492] Mon, 31 January 2011 10:59 Go to next message
hidetsugu
Hi all,

I'm developing now in 11g and i have some reports that i want to send directly to the printer. I been having some troubles and as i searched the web, i saw that for 9i and 10g, this was not possible without using orarrp. But i can't find any info about this for 11g. Is this true that i can only let user print direct using this tool? Plus, is this tool available for linux x64? Can i add the printer to the server and would it work now?

thanks
please help me this once [message #492665 is a reply to message #492492] Tue, 01 February 2011 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hidetsugu
I'm trying to print a report directly to the printer and it's being hard. To see the report in the screen it's easy but to the printer it always gives an error. Is there a way that i can print to a local printer? I'm trying to set destype to printer and desname to printername, wich is a printer that users have in their system. I have my forms running in a linux server. How can i do this?
Re: please help me this once [message #512172 is a reply to message #492665] Fri, 17 June 2011 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ator
HI,
If you want to print directly with report11g, you have to install the printer on the server where the report server runs. That the only solution i Found.

Cheers.
Re: please help me this once [message #652312 is a reply to message #512172] Mon, 06 June 2016 23:13 Go to previous message
khuram1982

This is logical either the printer should be on server or the report should be on the client. Since the first one is difficult option. I recommend the second option.
Using webutil download the report generated on server to client directory and then send it to printer using client host command. Hope this helps

[Updated on: Tue, 07 June 2016 00:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to write ≥ , superscript 5 in oracle forms ?
Next Topic: How to Identify changed records after querying?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:59:18 CDT 2024