Home » Server Options » Replication » problem_in_refresh_group (Release 10.2.0.1.0, win xp)
problem_in_refresh_group [message #497264] Fri, 04 March 2011 12:47 Go to next message
m_shehpar
hi all,

while replicating the master site via materialized views, in mViewGroups i issued:

BEGIN
DBMS_REFRESH.MAKE (
name => 'mvadmin.hamza_refg',
list => '',
next_date => SYSDATE,
interval => 'SYSDATE + 1/1440', -- for test purpose i used such a small interval
implicit_destroy => FALSE,
rollback_seg => '',
push_deferred_rpc => TRUE,
refresh_after_errors => FALSE);
END;

in my previous attempt it worked all fine... i had a change in senerio, so i did my replication again from
scractch using the same old spool in a new installation but even after 3 tries on replicating from scratch my objects are not
getting refreshed automatically. even when i attempt to refresh the group it does not work. it works
only when i refresh each of the participating object of the group manually...

can some one help out of this please?????

regards

i use Release 10.2.0.1.0
Re: problem_in_refresh_group [message #498629 is a reply to message #497264] Thu, 10 March 2011 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_shehpar
cant some body help me out at this...? i've been waiting since v long........
Re: problem_in_refresh_group [message #498724 is a reply to message #498629] Thu, 10 March 2011 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Flyby
Are there any locks when the mvgroup refreshes it self?
It could be a bug in 10.2.0.1.0.

My experience when mvjobs get stuck:
A databaselink was dropped when syncing (does anyone has a solution sort of restarting oracle?)
I've tried to start the sync multiple times (enq ... locks)
To circumvent this I set the interval to NULL for the mvgroup and create an extra scheduled_job (using DBMS_SCHEDULER, those have a log) to start the mv_refresh using DBMS_REFRESH.REFRESH (mvgroup)...

[Updated on: Thu, 10 March 2011 21:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem_in_refresh_group [message #498854 is a reply to message #498724] Fri, 11 March 2011 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m_shehpar
does it make any damage to keep the name of the materialized view same as the master table??? does it make any confusion for the oracle whether to add the master table or the materialized view???

SQL> BEGIN
2 DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_MVIEW_REPOBJECT (
3 gname => 'hamza_repg',
4 sname => 'hamza',
5 oname => 'donor',
6 type => 'SNAPSHOT',
7 min_communication => TRUE);
8 END;
9 /

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

SQL> BEGIN
2 DBMS_REFRESH.ADD (
3 name => 'mvadmin.hamza_refg',
4 list => 'hamza.donor',
5 lax => TRUE);
6 END;
7 /

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

>>>>>>>>since the name of the master table and this materialized view is same, is it the originating problem????

i kept the same names so as to use the same forms for both the master site and the materialized view site... i am using it but i cant use refresh group now...

is there any way out????

regards...
Re: problem_in_refresh_group [message #499029 is a reply to message #498854] Sat, 12 March 2011 19:14 Go to previous message
Flyby
I have no experience with making a view for replication myself.
But using the same name for the refreshgroup and the "to add items" is certainly confusing.
Previous Topic: How much amount of data over network
Next Topic: Data block corruption
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:34:16 CDT 2024