Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Mark Thread Solved (oracle 10g)  () 1 Vote
Mark Thread Solved [message #543754] Thu, 16 February 2012 12:35 Go to next message
baliberde
Hi, I've just noticed that on other Forum sites, if the thread has been solved, the thread starter can click the button solved. I hope in ORAFAQ, there will be Solved button so others can easily find threads already solved that might help them as well. Thanks and God bless everyone.
Re: Mark Thread Solved [message #543762 is a reply to message #543754] Thu, 16 February 2012 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
No yet. However, it would be easy to write a plugin to do it.
Re: Mark Thread Solved [message #543769 is a reply to message #543754] Thu, 16 February 2012 14:33 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
However, most askers never give any feedback when they receive the answer and/or solve their problem, so most of the answered questions will remain open.

In addition, many questions, even if answered, can receive other (and maybe better) solutions afterwards, so it may not be appropriate to "close" a topic. More, some solutions for one person may not be a solution for another one to a slight difference in the problem or the point of view.

For the former, just have a look at the topic row generator and you will see solutions evolved and improved with Oracle versions.

My opinion is that topic should left open unless there was no more answer after a couple of years. I think a "solved" flag might be misleading or useless as more than 99% of the questions are solved and most of the unsolved ones are due to starter that does not answer questions asked to clarify his/her problem.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Request against spammer
Next Topic: View your created topics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:06:13 CDT 2024