Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Guideline to upload forms using AS
Guideline to upload forms using AS [message #550539] Tue, 10 April 2012 04:16 Go to next message
Muhammad Masoom
Respected All!
please define some points that are creating some confusion for me!! I want to upload my oracle forms and reports, are my following points correct?
1- First of All I have to Install AS, if yes then please suggest me version etc, if the weblogic is same then just brief
2- is the database included in AS? or I have to install it separately
3- installation of forms and reports(suggest version etc)
4-May I install AS etc on Windows XP
I want to resolve this issue that how can I upload forms and reports
Best Regards.
Re: Guideline to upload forms using AS [message #550545 is a reply to message #550539] Tue, 10 April 2012 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm really an IAS dummy.

However: you are talking about "uploading forms" to something you don't even know what it is or how should it look like. Does it mean that you have already created some forms and now want to deploy them to the web? If so, from my point of view, IAS version should be compatible to Forms Builder version (because forms developed in Forms version which is higher than IAS version *might* not work properly (or not work at all). That would answer your first question.

As far as I know, database is not included into IAS installation so you'd have to install it separately.

Forms and Reports version? Huh, does it mean that you don't have ANY Developer Suite installed, after all? If that's true, software you can install (and download, in the first place) can be found in Download section of the Oracle Technology Network. The latest version is 11g.

Whether it can (or can not) be installed on an operating system you use, can be viewed in Certification Matrices on My Oracle Support pages. I guess that IAS can be installed on Windows XP, but which version ... well, go to MOS and see.
Re: Guideline to upload forms using AS [message #550561 is a reply to message #550545] Tue, 10 April 2012 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muhammad Masoom
thanx!!!
no doubt I have to come back to oracle after 2 years, I have forms and reports which were developed in developer 2000(forms 6i), therefore i wanted to know which AS will be suitable either AS 10g with new developer suit or any new , I am also confuse is the weblogic server is a new AS?
summary is if I use Application Server 10g then developer suit 11g will support it
Best Regards.
Re: Guideline to upload forms using AS [message #550565 is a reply to message #550561] Tue, 10 April 2012 07:28 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
6i forms and reports can be deployed to the web. Check these documents:

Oracle Forms Server Release 6i: Deploying Forms Applications to the Web with iAS

Oracle Reports 6i: Publishing reports

I know nothing about WebLogic server (we are still using 10g); perhaps you should check the documentation and/or wait for someone who knows better.
Previous Topic: 9ias installation
Next Topic: calling a form !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:33:36 CDT 2024