Home » Other » General » Forms and database licence (3 merged) (is license required , for developing software with oracle database and Forms for multiuser (store) .)
Forms and database licence (3 merged) [message #566503] Sun, 16 September 2012 03:04 Go to next message
ariffcal
WE are developing a software for store , We have downloaded the free version of database (oracle 10g) and forms .

The software will support multiuser . Do we need a license from oracle .

Will the free database and forms will work .

Regards,

Ariff
is license required [message #566504 is a reply to message #566503] Sun, 16 September 2012 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ariffcal
is license required , for developing software with oracle database and Forms for multiuser (store) .

Or the freedownload will work

Re: Forms and database licence (3 merged) [message #566506 is a reply to message #566503] Sun, 16 September 2012 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
The only free version of the database is the Express edition, which is legal only for single CPU and maximum 1G RAM. I am not aware of any free edition of Forms.
Talk to your local Oracle sales office: you may be able to negotiate what I think is called an "embedded" licence for the database and Forms, which can reduce the cost to your clients considerably.
Re: Forms and database licence (3 merged) [message #566508 is a reply to message #566506] Sun, 16 September 2012 04:43 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
However, if you choose to develop an application using Oracle Application Express (Apex) running on an Oracle Express Edition (XE) database, everything is free (i.e. you don't have to purchase a license for any of these products).

Or, if you install any database (except XE), you need to license only the database - Apex is still free.
Previous Topic: problem with ASP and stored procedure returning sys_refcursor
Next Topic: vshost32.exe has stopped working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:48:15 CDT 2024