Home » Infrastructure » Windows » Move data from one DB to other without DB link and using dot net (Oracle 11g R2)
Move data from one DB to other without DB link and using dot net [message #569618] Tue, 30 October 2012 06:33 Go to next message
srinivas.k2005
Hi,

I have database A and B , we are strictly restricted to not to create any DB links between these database.
In database A based on complex logic we in a stored procedure we populate the data to table type..now dot net will take this table type data and insert the same in database B.

Question here :

1.When we try to bulk collect all the data into table type , i am getting error operand exceeds limit, but it is mandate to put all data in one short to table type as dot net will take that and insert into B database.
2.Is there any good logical method to achieve this in a simple way.

Thanks,
SRK
Re: Move data from one DB to other without DB link and using dot net [message #569620 is a reply to message #569618] Tue, 30 October 2012 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
In .Net you can use arrays to collect the data from source table in an (.Net) array and you can use the same array to insert into target table.
You just need 2 database connections in .Net, no database link between the databases.

Regards
Michel
Re: Move data from one DB to other without DB link and using dot net [message #569624 is a reply to message #569620] Tue, 30 October 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srinivas.k2005
Thanks for the reply...
I tried to convince your method, but Dot Net guy said he needs the data in plsql table type from my procedure, they are just calling my procedure in Database A and the procedure does complex logic and returns the OUT parameter as plsql table type with huge data (sometimes operand exceeds limit error) and that OUT pramater the Dot Net uses and inserts into B database.
Re: Move data from one DB to other without DB link and using dot net [message #569626 is a reply to message #569624] Tue, 30 October 2012 07:20 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
I have not the code, so can't say. I explained how to do it, can't say more with the informations you gave.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Oracle Service doesn't start
Next Topic: [Oracle] [ODBC] Error while firing a Query to oracle database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:48:46 CDT 2024