Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Sql query running slowly (oracle 10g)
Sql query running slowly [message #583213] Sat, 27 April 2013 09:00 Go to next message
anand.oracle
Hi friends Myself Anand

My sql query is running slowly and its take long time to execute how to tune the issue
and Please suggest me how to analyze AWR , ADDm reports and how to tune based on reports

2 major performance issues in the database
Re: Sql query running slowly [message #583214 is a reply to message #583213] Sat, 27 April 2013 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
Since NOBODY can optimize SQL just by looking at it, we need a few more details.
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/433888/136107/#msg_433888
Please refer to URL above & be sure to provide the details requested:
1) DDL for all tables & indexes
2) EXPLAIN PLAN
3) output from SQL_TRACE & tkprof
unless & until you post these details, your request will be ignored
Oracle recommends that you use the DBMS_MONITOR and DBMS_SESSION packages instead.
SQL_TRACE is retained for backward compatibility only.
Re: Sql query running slowly [message #583349 is a reply to message #583214] Mon, 29 April 2013 22:45 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
Maybe we should run a contest... Win a free book... Just write a brilliant essay... "How to tune Oracle in 30 words or less".

It is not possible to teach you how to do much of anything in a message system like this one using simple posts. You have to read. Remember that those of us who have at least some idea of how to tune have gained this knowledge from years of work. We try hard to make the task of learning easier for others by sharing what we know, but in the end there is no "teach me quick" method. Any one of the topics you mentioned would take weeks to learn the basics of and months to get proficient at. And most of this work would be on you to do.

So you will have to start reading. There are lots of good books. Ask your employer to buy you a few or see if someone at work has some you could borrow. There are also the Oracle manuals. These are free online and are pretty good these days.

If you have a specific query you wish to share then please provide it along with the other information that BlackSwan is asking for. Think of things like, what would someone else need to know in order to help me tune this SQL statement. Doing just this one thing... gathering together tuning information... will start you on your way to self learning about tuning.

Good luck. Kevin
Previous Topic: How to Improve query performance
Next Topic: Oracle Tuning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:32:59 CDT 2024