Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Need help in performance tunning for querying table (oracle 10g)
Need help in performance tunning for querying table [message #584836] Sun, 19 May 2013 07:01 Go to next message
supiash
Hi,

I have an application which access couple of table and do select,update,delete,insert very often and parallely.

As the size of this table grows(no of rows), How can I maintain the response time of each of the above transactions so that my performance is not degraded.

I thought of using the indexing on the column, or there any other best methods please?

Could you help?
Re: Need help in performance tunning for querying table [message #584837 is a reply to message #584836] Sun, 19 May 2013 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
1/ Do not it in PL/SQL or any loop
2/ Properly index

Regards
Michel

[Edit: fix typo]

[Updated on: Sun, 19 May 2013 08:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help in performance tunning for querying table [message #584838 is a reply to message #584837] Sun, 19 May 2013 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supiash
Michel,

Thanks, sorry I dint get your 1 point could you please elaborate.

Also, Could you please let me know does the time for output of the query on the table depends on the no of users logged in Database/Schema and parallel accessing?
Re: Need help in performance tunning for querying table [message #584840 is a reply to message #584838] Sun, 19 May 2013 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supiash
To add My insert statement and delete statement is always constant,its update keep changing
To check for the presence of a row is select is select is the best method(ex; Select count(*) from emp where empname='SUPI' ... where clause could be on single or multiple column but on same table)
Re: Need help in performance tunning for querying table [message #584841 is a reply to message #584838] Sun, 19 May 2013 08:39 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Sorry, there was a typo (fixed), point 1 is "Do not it in PL/SQL or any loop".

The time of the output depends on 2 things: 1/ the array size the client uses, 2/ the load of each component between client and database server, including the network.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: enable row movement - ok, but why internally this thing is needed
Next Topic: Best disk config for SME scale datawarehouse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:15:41 CDT 2024