Home » Other » Client Tools » How to Open PL/SQL DEVELOPER with SQL WINDOW from command line (PL/SQL Developer 9.0.6.1661, Windows server 2008, Oracle 11g)
icon14.gif  How to Open PL/SQL DEVELOPER with SQL WINDOW from command line [message #595449] Wed, 11 September 2013 06:02 Go to next message
Andrey_R
Hi all,

I am trying to run PL/SQL Developer from command line,
So it can open with an opened SQL WINDOW by default, with a script (which I specify in the command ) already in it:

I've tried:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PLSQL Developer\plsqldev.exe" userid=andrey/andrey@mydb

but it just opens the application with a connection, no file.

*CORRECTION*
While I was writing this post, I tried something , which is not so sophisticated, and it appeared to work... Surprised
So I figured I can show it here in case someone can make use of it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\PLSQL Developer\plsqldev.exe" userid=andrey/andrey@mydb "C:\Program Files (x86)\PLSQL Developer\andrey.sql" 

Best regards,
Andrey
Re: How to Open PL/SQL DEVELOPER with SQL WINDOW from command line [message #595574 is a reply to message #595449] Wed, 11 September 2013 16:39 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
And thats the reason SQL*Plus is robust, reliable, easily accessible(since you are trying through command line) and should be preferred over other 3rd party tools, unless there is a specific thing which becomes a bit hap-hazard while working with SQL*Plus.

I insist, look at the new features of SQL*Plus latest release. Very helpful and useful features.

Regards,
Lalit
Previous Topic: display windows on OracleSQL Developer
Next Topic: How to replicate a package in one database to other database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:07:02 CDT 2024