Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » db_recover_file_dest and archive logs (11gR2)
db_recover_file_dest and archive logs [message #599184] Tue, 22 October 2013 18:12 Go to next message
markhooper99
I'm new to Flashback database - sorry if this is a dumb question Embarassed

When utilizing a db_recover_file_dest for backups/recovery do the archive logs need to be written there as well or is the Flashback database smart enough to reference them in their "pre-Flashback database" locations.

For example, before Flashback Database I have log_archive_dest_1 value set to where its always been.
Now, after Flashback Database do I:
a) leave everything the way it is
or
b) change that archive dest to 'location=use_db_recovery_file_dest'
or
c) leave dest 1 as it is and specify a second archive location (i.e. log_archive_dest_2='location=use_db_recovery_file_dest'

Thanks in advance!
Mark

[Updated on: Tue, 22 October 2013 18:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: db_recover_file_dest and archive logs [message #599231 is a reply to message #599184] Wed, 23 October 2013 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and please read How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

Your questions:

a. yes
b. no
c. no

It is only flashback logs that must be in the FRA. Archive logs can go anywhere.
Re: db_recover_file_dest and archive logs [message #599338 is a reply to message #599231] Wed, 23 October 2013 14:22 Go to previous message
markhooper99
Thank-you and thanks for your reply!

Cheers
Mark
Previous Topic: Backup control file
Next Topic: RMAN is working slow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:16:04 CDT 2024