Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Pro*C migration from Solaris to RHEL (Oracle 9.2.0.8 to Oracle 12c from Solaris 5.8 to RHEL 6.x)
Pro*C migration from Solaris to RHEL [message #633147] Wed, 11 February 2015 11:07 Go to next message
raghx
Hi All,
I have a situation where the client is deciding to migrate the database and applications from Solaris to RHEL on EPIC platform.
I assume that we point the makefile to Pro*C libraries on RHEL and recompile?

However I need some advise and help, as what would be the impact of such OS migration on the Pro*C code? Do we have to re-write or a simple recompile will be sufficient? Any impact on endians?

Please help.

Regs,

Re: Pro*C migration from Solaris to RHEL [message #633178 is a reply to message #633147] Thu, 12 February 2015 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

It depends on what you do in the code.
If there is nothing specific to the platform, you just have to recompile and link your program.

Quote:
Any impact on endians?

Do you decode data bytes or dump?

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2015 01:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pro*C migration from Solaris to RHEL [message #633236 is a reply to message #633178] Thu, 12 February 2015 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
raghx
Thanks Michel,
Quote:
Do you decode data bytes or dump?

The decode of data bytes are pertaining to extract each field from the MQ message i.e., From x to y bytes represent Customer ID etc. Other than this nothing.
Re: Pro*C migration from Solaris to RHEL [message #633240 is a reply to message #633236] Thu, 12 February 2015 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

If you receive RAW data the you may have some problems.
If you are working on Solaris X86, the endian is the same than Linux so no problem.
If you are working on Solaris OE then it could be.

Note that the problem does not come from the program compilation or link but from the data and the way you handle them.
So anyway you have to recompile and link the program, then make test to know if endian matters or not in your case.

Re: Pro*C migration from Solaris to RHEL [message #633259 is a reply to message #633240] Fri, 13 February 2015 02:50 Go to previous message
raghx
Thanks Michel,
That was really helpful.

Regards
Previous Topic: Segmentation fault during sqlcxt call in DB Connect
Next Topic: Setting up Pro*C Pre compiler in Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:26:27 CDT 2024