Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Frames and Repeating Frames (Oracle 10g, Reports Builder)
Oracle Frames and Repeating Frames [message #635257] Wed, 25 March 2015 11:33 Go to next message
ORA2015
Hi,
I am building a report that has several repeating frames close to the middle of the layout next to each other. There are 5 repeating frames in total next to (horizontal)
However, i am trying to get a frame/rectangle to be around all the repeating frames where the outline of the frame/rectangle should take the length(vertical) of the values in a repeating frame that has the most records so that the border can be around the entire thing
Assistance will be greatly appreciated
Re: Oracle Frames and Repeating Frames [message #635267 is a reply to message #635257] Wed, 25 March 2015 14:05 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
The simplest option is to
  • select all object which will be enclosed into a new frame (the one you're about to add)
  • group those objects (Ctrl + G)
  • draw a frame around those objects
  • paint it (red, green, no matter what - it is used to make sure that is it now located on a top of everything else)
  • from the Layout menu, send the newly created frame to background. All grouped objects should now be visible (because colored frame will be behind them). At the same time, you should see those objects under new frame's node in Object Navigator window
  • modify new frame's vertical/horizontal elasticity properties (I guess it will be: vertical - variable; horizontal - fixed)
That should do it.
Previous Topic: BYPASS REPORTS LOGON SCREEN
Next Topic: show all values instead of null or as field type.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:20:11 CDT 2024