Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Print three copies of report
Print three copies of report [message #637054] Fri, 08 May 2015 13:15 Go to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
I have a report and want to print the three copies of report one for the consumable ,other for then non-consumbale and other is third one.
three queries is ..one for the conumable,other for the non-consumable and third query for the third one..
how i can do this......?
Re: Print three copies of report [message #637055 is a reply to message #637054] Fri, 08 May 2015 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Select "3" as "Number of copies" while printing the document.
Re: Print three copies of report [message #637057 is a reply to message #637055] Sat, 09 May 2015 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
i means three copies of print not from printer but three copies of soft copies...at run time three pages ...
Re: Print three copies of report [message #637058 is a reply to message #637057] Sat, 09 May 2015 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Create a new query which will select 3 records, such as
select level lvl
from dual
connect by level <= 3

Its repeating frame should contain all other objects you currently have on the report. See what properties (such as Page protect, Break before/after etc.) have to be set in order to keep all objects on the same physical page. When you run the report, you'll have 3 copies. You can even print the recipient information somewhere on the report by creating a formula column; for example
return case when :lvl = 1 then 'Consumable'
            when :lvl = 2 then 'Non consumable'
            when :lvl = 3 then 'The third one'
       end;
Re: Print three copies of report [message #637059 is a reply to message #637058] Sat, 09 May 2015 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irfankundi786@yahoo.com
i don't undestand...please explain....the query u write is at which frame i set....can it possible that i desingened on page and at run time ,there is three page display on page for each ...i must declare three physical page for each case and set page breake to use.But in this method there is problem that the data in first page is larger than the page size then the data overlaped. i want to displayed each case on new page...
Re: Print three copies of report [message #637104 is a reply to message #637059] Sun, 10 May 2015 14:16 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
"My" query is independent, it isn't related to any query you've written so far. It is just used to let you create three exact copies of the same report. Therefore, it will have its own repeating frame which should enclose (i.e. contain) all other objects.

As of problems you mentioned: page break might not be the only property you need to set. Consider modifying Page protect, Vertical elasticity and possibly some other properties as well. If you set everything right, nothing should overlap.

Finally: I have impression that you literally created three layouts, each for one of the three pages you need. Is that correct? If so, I suppose that it isn't wrong, it only makes the report somewhat difficult to maintain (as you have to make every change three times).
Previous Topic: Creating a letter - self populated fields but free text body
Next Topic: Export to Excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:24:45 CDT 2024