Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Navigation problem between records in a multi block form (Using Forms 10g & database 11g)
Navigation problem between records in a multi block form [message #639069] Wed, 01 July 2015 00:27 Go to next message
mfarooq216

Dear Experts,
Please guide me to resolve such problem as :
I have developed a form having 3 Database blocks, The actual problem is this that when I recorded some data in all three ( Master , detail & Subdetail ) blocks and retrived them. Now in detail block I am unable to move cursor from first recodr to next record.
Further for you clarification if I break the relation between detail & Subdetail block. Record navigation issue resolved and I can move or create record in detail block easily.

Please help me urgently as my project is stuck due to this problem.

Regards,

Muhammad Farooq
Re: Navigation problem between records in a multi block form [message #639072 is a reply to message #639069] Wed, 01 July 2015 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Quote:

I am unable to move cursor from first record to next record

How do you do that? With a mouse or using the keyboard?
Is there any trigger in detail block which might prevent navigation?
Did you try to run the form in debug mode and see what is going on when navigation should occur (but doesn't)?

Quote:

If I break the relation between detail & Subdetail block, Record navigation issue resolved

Did you create relationship between data blocks manually, or did you let the Data block Wizard to do that? Because, Wizard doesn't create *only* the relationship but also certain triggers and procedures. So, if you did that manually, maybe there's something missing which causes problems.
Re: Navigation problem between records in a multi block form [message #639075 is a reply to message #639072] Wed, 01 July 2015 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mfarooq216

Dear All,
I have solved the problem myself.
Duplicate name of relations found set them as unique and the problem resolved.

This post is to support all others who faced such kind of problem.

Regards,
Re: Navigation problem between records in a multi block form [message #659514 is a reply to message #639075] Thu, 19 January 2017 16:22 Go to previous message
ghulam.butt
Hi Guys,

I had the same problem and resolved by doing the following:

When we create a relationship Oracle Forms automatically creates few triggers and procedures. Please check a procedure "CLEAR_ALL_MASTER_DETAILS" and go to the bottom and search for the code as below:

/*IF Get_Block_Property(curdtl, STATUS) <> 'NEW' THEN
Go_Block(curdtl);
Check_Package_Failure;
Clear_Block(NO_VALIDATE);
IF :System.Block_Status <> 'NEW' THEN
RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
END IF;
END IF;*/

Just comment this code and you are good to go.

Hope this helps

Ghulam
Previous Topic: Enabling all the chec kboxes when block is loaded in forms
Next Topic: FRM-40735: ON-ERROR trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-06508
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:52:22 CDT 2024