Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Tab canvas within Tab canvas (Form 11g)
Tab canvas within Tab canvas [message #645102] Thu, 26 November 2015 08:46 Go to next message
shery1995
Hi All

I want to create the tab page within the tab page but no luck at all. Although there is lot of stuff available but I can't get my head around it. I will appreciate if someone can guide me through step-by-step. I just briefly explain what I want to achieve.

-Top most tab page (Assets,Liabilities,Income,Expenses)

-when user click the Tab page Assets, the corresponding sub accounts related to Assets should show up in form of other tab pages.
Re: Tab canvas within Tab canvas [message #645224 is a reply to message #645102] Mon, 30 November 2015 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Are you trying to add the child Tab Canvas in the Canvas Editor? If so, you are likely getting the error: "FRM-13002: Stacked and Tab Canvases must be created within content canvases."

As the error suggests, you can't add a Child Tab Canvas to a Parent Tab Canvas using the canvas editor. However, you can use the Show_View() built-in to display a Child Tab Canvas inside a Parent Tab Canvas during runtime. This requires you to write code to ensure your Child Tab Canvas is displayed at all the times you want it displayed (eg: When-Tab-Page-Changed and When-New-Block-Instance triggers). You will also have to manually specify the X/Y coordinates where you want the Child Tab Canvas displayed.

Hope this helps...
Craig...
Re: Tab canvas within Tab canvas [message #646320 is a reply to message #645224] Thu, 24 December 2015 16:31 Go to previous message
shery1995
Thank you very much Craig for your reply. Somehow I have have managed to do it and its working fine at the moment.
Previous Topic: Form creation
Next Topic: Webutil for 12c forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:34:26 CDT 2024