Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » WebUtil Files (Oracle Developer Suite 10g, Windows 7 32bit)
WebUtil Files [message #648129] Wed, 17 February 2016 01:15 Go to next message
azamkhan
Hi,

I need to know how many files are used for WebUtil. I have following files

[DS_Home]\forms\
webutil.pll (webutil.plx)

[DS_Home]\forms\webutil
d2kwut60.dll
jacob.dll
JNIsharedstubs.dll
sign_webutil
sign_webutil.sh

Besides the configuration files and the above files do I need any other file that comes with WebUtil.

I was reading a document that I found from Google. According to it

"Create directory webutil under [OraHome]/forms/webutil and copy jacob.dll , JNIsharedstubs.dll, d2kwutil.dll and check the permissions. Read /Execute".

I was unable to find d2kwutil.dll but I found d2kwut60.dll. Do I need d2kwutil.dll. If yes kindly attach the file if you have.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 February 2016 01:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WebUtil Files [message #648946 is a reply to message #648129] Tue, 08 March 2016 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
All the information you need about WebUtil is found in the Oracle Forms Help System. Open Forms Help, go to the Search tab and search on the following: "Configure WebUtil". The search will return three (3) topics: Introduction to Webutil, Configuring WebUtil, and Runtime Setup Checklist. I recommend you print the "Runtime Setup Checklist" and follow each step in the checklist as you perform your configuration. Use the "Configuring WebUtil" topic for all of the detail information about each step in the checklist.

The D2KWUTIL.DLL is not part of the Oracle Developer Suite (ODS) 10g. As the file name suggests (D2K) it is part of the Oracle Developer 2000 suite (Forms 4.5/Report 3.0) and is not compatible with ODS 10g.

Craig...
Re: WebUtil Files [message #649116 is a reply to message #648946] Mon, 14 March 2016 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
I searched for "Configure WebUtil" in Forms Help System but there was no help found on this topic. But I have successfully configured the Web Utility. Now the issue is for displaying the icon on the button I have to type the web path of the image in the icon filename property.

when I am giving the full path i.e.

http://[ip address]:[port]/forms/myicons/test_icon.gif

Then it is showing the icon for gif file on the button.

My question is do I have to give the complete path to show the icons on the button. I mean I have mentioned the logical and physical path in the configuration file for WebUtility. Instead of give complete path is it possible to show icons by giving only the name of the GIF or image file.

I have done this successfully in Forms 6i by giving the path in the windows Register and then in icon file name property I have to give the file name only and not the complete path.
Re: WebUtil Files [message #649171 is a reply to message #649116] Tue, 15 March 2016 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CraigB
Quote:
My question is do I have to give the complete path to show the icons on the button.

This has nothing to do with WebUtil. Displaying iconic images in web forms (Forms 9i and higher) is not the same process as in Forms 6i. You can use either a .gif file or you can use a .jar file (preferred method). I recommend you take a look at the Oracle® Application Server Forms Services Deployment Guide, specifically the Deploying Icons and Images Used by Forms Services chapter.

Re: WebUtil Files [message #649175 is a reply to message #649171] Tue, 15 March 2016 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
azamkhan
Dear CraigB,

You are right that displaying icons don't need webutil. For that I have configured orion-web.xml because I am using Developer Suit 10g.

Now what is happening,

I have a file menu attached with a form. In the file menu I have few option that uses icon filename property (GIF files name) on horizontal tool bar. I have mention the correct path of the icon directory location in the orion-web.xml so I have entered the icon GIF file name in the icon filename property. When I run the form on server side the horizontal tool bar is not showing the icons but when I run the form on client side the icons are perfectly showing.

So I tried another approach. In the file menu startup code property I display all the icon using Set item property. Now when I run the form on server side it shows me the icons but when I run the form on client side it is not showing me the icons
Re: WebUtil Files [message #649186 is a reply to message #649175] Wed, 16 March 2016 10:01 Go to previous message
CraigB
Please look at the Oracle Forms documentation reference I provided. The rules and setup are straight forward and do not include modifying the orion-web.xml file.
Previous Topic: Mod pl sql on a web form submit button
Next Topic: Problem running reports in browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:36:00 CDT 2024