Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » connect to an other form
connect to an other form [message #648645] Sat, 27 February 2016 23:51 Go to next message
s_akbari
Hi,
I want to check one field in another form then automatically some informations from that form write in my form, i don't know how to connect to another form with these conditions that I told!!!

Thanks in advance Smile
Re: connect to an other form [message #648651 is a reply to message #648645] Sun, 28 February 2016 05:44 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Where does the value of a "field on another form" come from? I suppose from the database. If that's so, why would you have to enter "another form" and check some value it displays? Read it directly from the database!

On the other hand, if that field's value depends on values of other form items, then you have two options: you can transfer values between forms via global variables or via parameters (which is, probably, a better option).

Of course, you could even store a value into a table (in one form) and read it in another one, but I wouldn't do it that way.

There might be another ways to do that; hopefully, someone else will share them with us.
Previous Topic: Arabic Text in not coming in the file
Next Topic: Personalization
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:36:25 CDT 2024