Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Tablespace and Partition (Oracle 12C)
Tablespace and Partition [message #649196] Thu, 17 March 2016 04:22 Go to next message
deepakdot
Hi

I have table with 100 Partitions. Table would have 100 Million rows.

My Question is:

should I have 1 Table space
OR
Should I have 100 Table space and each partition will have one table space each
OR
Should I have lets say 5 Table space and I allocate 20 Partitions to one table space ?

Which option would be good for the Performance? Will it be a problem if I have 1 table space and 100 partitions, so that my table space management is simple. My understanding was if I have 1 tablespace also Oracle can perform well as it knows which partition to get affected.

Please note: I don't have to take any table space backup. We are not considering the archiving process also here.

Thanks
Deepak
Re: Tablespace and Partition [message #649197 is a reply to message #649196] Thu, 17 March 2016 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I would not expect any difference in performance between any of your suggested configurations. What you really need to consider is why you are partitioning at all, what the table partitioning strategy should be, what the index partitioning strategy should be. If you get partitioning right, it can work well; get it wrong, and the results will be disastrous. Start by defining the problem you are trying to address.
Re: Tablespace and Partition [message #649201 is a reply to message #649197] Thu, 17 March 2016 04:56 Go to previous message
deepakdot
Thanks John.
Previous Topic: How to deal with 'Free buffer waits' event
Next Topic: Why din table fetch continued row increase after fetching every columns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:34:58 CDT 2024