Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Template form in oracle Forms 10g (Oracle froms 10g, Windows 7)
Template form in oracle Forms 10g [message #654288] Fri, 29 July 2016 06:55 Go to next message
Sandeepsm
Hi all,
I would like to know about whether there is a template form available in oracle forms, Or how can i create a template form in Oracle Forms. Suppose there is a logo in the background for an entire project, i need to create an template form and can inherit that form for remaining forms so that those properties set in template form will be consistent through out the project. Also i need only to make changes in that template form so that affects each remaining form.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks&Regards
Sandy

--Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To TRY.
Re: Template form in oracle Forms 10g [message #654329 is a reply to message #654288] Sat, 30 July 2016 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, there's nothing like a "template" for Forms. However, here's how I do that: at the beginning of a project, I create a form which has as much common (common for all forms) features as possible. Then, when I have to create the first "real" form, I open that "template" FMB and "Save (it) as" a new form. Next, I add blocks, items, buttons, whatever to newly saved form.

When creating a second form, I repeat the same procedure - open the "template" FMB, "Save as" the second form, modify it, etc.
Re: Template form in oracle Forms 10g [message #654352 is a reply to message #654329] Mon, 01 August 2016 00:00 Go to previous message
Sandeepsm
Hi Littlefoot,

Thanks for the reply. This is also what i'm doing now. But my manager says there will be around some 30-40 forms in the project. So, if any common changes need to be made I will need to make those changes in those 30 forms. So i need to find someway to overcome this. Is there something like inheritance in Oracle Forms where we create a model form and inherit this form to subsequent forms..

Thanks&Regards
Sandy

--Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To TRY.
Previous Topic: HDD ID- Oracle Commands
Next Topic: ora-12224 tns no listene at user computer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:41:17 CDT 2024