Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » connecting database 12c with developer suite 10g
connecting database 12c with developer suite 10g [message #655328] Sun, 28 August 2016 23:51 Go to next message
akram13
hi, i want to know that can i connect oracle database 12c with oracle developer suite 10g ? And can i use forms with 12c database? If yes then please help me to connect.thanks
Re: connecting database 12c with developer suite 10g [message #655332 is a reply to message #655328] Mon, 29 August 2016 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Which Developer Suite (DS) version exactly do you use? As far as I can tell, DS 10.1.x is not supported on 12c database. However, just like the good old Forms 6i weren't certified nor supported on different new database versions and/or operating systems, people made it work, somehow.

The same goes for your question - try it and see how it behaves. How? Basically, you should install database and DS into separate Oracle Homes (i.e. different directories) if they are on the same computer. Modify DS's TNSNAMES.ORA file so that it points to your 12c database. That should be enough to connect Forms or Reports to the database.

You have to be aware of the fact that - if something goes wrong - Oracle won't assist so think twice before putting something like that into production.

Moreover, note that DS 10g is desupported so - consider upgrading to the most recent version (which would be 12c, just like your database, downloadable on OTN, here).
Re: connecting database 12c with developer suite 10g [message #655335 is a reply to message #655332] Mon, 29 August 2016 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akram13
there is forms 12c latest version. So i want to know that can i use this with 12c database? And after installing DB 12c, what other tools i should to
install before installing forms 12c ? And i have installed netbeans 8.1 and jdk 1.8 update 65, is it enough?
Sorry for lack knowledge.
Re: connecting database 12c with developer suite 10g [message #655340 is a reply to message #655335] Mon, 29 August 2016 04:42 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Yes, Forms 12c will work with Oracle 12c database (that's rather obvious, isn't it?). If you are going to develop forms, no problem. If you want to deploy them so that other users can use your application, you'll need to install Weblogic server. I don't know much about it, so you'll have to wait for someone else who does these administrative tasks. In the meantime, feel free to read installation guide(s) - everything you need to know is written in there.
Previous Topic: lov values shown again after clear_form
Next Topic: run firefox inside oracle forms 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:41:27 CDT 2024