Home » Server Options » Replication » Database Replication
Database Replication [message #5392] Wed, 12 February 2003 16:40 Go to next message
LASCOLI
Is there a procedure to transfer all database attributes from an 8i Database running on a Solaris machine to a PC running 8i ? I am attempting to create a test enviroment on a PC , and was hoping that a method existed to do so, other than recreating all of the tables and their attributes on the PC. I would assume that I would have to ensure that the tablespace names used on the Solaris machine exist on the PC ? Thanks
Re: Database Replication [message #5402 is a reply to message #5392] Thu, 13 February 2003 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
Use export/import. I believe it's the fastest way to "clone" a DB.

Since source and target OS aren't the same, transportable tablespaces aren't an option.

Another issue worth looking into is RMAN. RMAN has a command called 'DUPLICATE'. If you have access, it is worth it to look at Metalink

HTH,
MHE
Re: Database Replication [message #5426 is a reply to message #5392] Fri, 14 February 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LASCOLI
Thank you. One other question during the full database import, if the user in the exporting database does not exist in the importing database, do I have to create this user with the same default tablespace as the exporting database's user ?
Re: Database Replication [message #5437 is a reply to message #5426] Mon, 17 February 2003 02:33 Go to previous message
Maaher
I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

MHE
Previous Topic: Difference between Advanced Replication and 9iLite
Next Topic: Database Transfer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 09:34:46 CDT 2024