Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » rman error and general error
rman error and general error [message #59114] Tue, 28 October 2003 23:00
karthick t.s.
my database block size is 4096 i.e 4k and my tablespace block size is also 4k. i changed the tablespace initial extent size to 4k. the tablespace is in dictionary managed. but the initial extent size took the oracle is 8192 i.e 8k why?

we are running oracle on windows 2000 advanced server. i configured the user to perform the job operation. read the following
created the user on windows 2000 advance server
set the logon as a batch job rights and click ok
after these thing i perform the job operation using OEM it wasn't work. i check the error message and read the corresponding error description(oracle document) again i did those procedure and check the deny as a batch job user assignment there is no user entry then why did the job operation won't work

is it possible to start the listener and oracle instance services remotely. how?

I saw the replication_dependecy_tracking turned off (no async multimaster replication found) message after started up my database. do u tell it is the information or error and how to rectify this

while creating the master group of replication using oem the following error was occur
login as a replication administrator
how to resolve this?

we have two windows 2000 advance server. the oracle database running on server1 and the apache server on server2. i connect to oracle through apache which is running on server2 and i exit from the oracle without using logout. next time i connect to oracle through apache which is running on server2 the error was come
ora-02391: exceeded simultaneous sessions_per_user limit after i saw this i killed that session but still it raise that same error while connecting. what's the problem and how to solve?

RMAN
----

my db running on archivelog and i am taking bk on mwf order. after i took bk on wed i created a tbs and created more no's of table on that tbs. on thursday my db was crash due to the media failure(completely loss my all dbfile and controlfile,logfiles). by using rman i was restore controlfile from autobackup,mount the db,restore the datafile until before crash. it restored properly but the error will raise during recovery until before crash

the error are:

rman-10032: unhandled exception during execution of job step 3: ora-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
rman-11003: alter database recovery logfile 'arc0018.001'
rman-1101: oracle error: ora-00283: recovery session cancelled due to errors
ora-01244: unnamed datafile(s) added to controlfile by media recovery
ora-01110:data file 5: 'msa.ora'

after reading this error

i try to rename the unnamed file to msa.ora as shown below

alter database rename file 'e:oracleora90databaseunnamed00005' to 'd:ora9ifsdboradataoemmsa.ora'

while rename the datafile the following error was occur

alter database rename file 'e:oracleora90databaseunnamed00005' to 'd:ora9ifsdboradataoemmsa.ora'
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files
ORA-01141: error renaming data file 5 - new file 'd:ora9ifsdboradataoemmsa.ora' not found
ORA-01111: name for data file 5 is unknown - rename to correct file
ORA-01110: data file 5: 'E:ORACLEORA90DATABASEUNNAMED00005'
ORA-27041: unable to open file
OSD-04002: unable to open file
O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.

i want to recover the db with the missing file. how to solve this problem?

Installation Oracle 9i

during installation it will ask pere,entere,stde

and i try to install the oracle 9i pe using oracle eed cd on my client which is run on windows 98 platform. but it install oracle 9i client.

how to install oracle 9i per.edi on windows 98 platform?

error in startup db(for tspitr) in nomount: ora-01031: insufficient privileges. what's the problem here and how to solve?

sometimes i get this same error for normal database. even i set all the required things

how to prevent to use the same sql statement by more no of users?
how to prevent the discontinuation of generating sequence no?
Previous Topic: RMAN / Backups
Next Topic: Is there any situation to use RMAN?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:44:46 CDT 2024