Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Help with using DBMS.PROFILER
Help with using DBMS.PROFILER [message #65376] Fri, 27 August 2004 11:58 Go to next message
andi
hi,

i need to use the oracle profiler package for performance measuring and I have some problem.

When I tried to install it, I logged on as SYS and execute the script proftab.sql, every table and sequence were successfully created.  And profload.sql.  Then I got the following message:

SP2-0310: unable to open file "dbmspbp.sql"
SP2-0310: unable to open file "prvtpbp.plb"
Testing for correct installation
DBMS_PROFILER - missing or invalid synonym
PACKAGE sys.DBMS_PROFILER - missing or invalid

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.                               

Then when I tried to call DBMS_PROFILER.START_PROFILER('test'), I got the following:

ORA-06550: line 2, column 3:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_PROFILER.START_PROFILER' must be declared.

What should I do? Seems although I was operating under sys account, the profiler was still not correctly installed, right?

Please help me out!

Thanks a lot!
Re: Help with using DBMS.PROFILER [message #65386 is a reply to message #65376] Thu, 02 September 2004 02:13 Go to previous message
Reema
Hi Andi,
The Installation of DBMS_PROFILER was not complete. these two files
"dbmspbp.sql"
"prvtpbp.plb"
are missing from your client installation (m assuming you r doing it thru client)
If that's teh case you can ask your DBA to provide you these two files and store them in the same location as your proftab.sql and profload.sql.
These two files are availabe at
$ORACLE_HOME/plsql
(I don't remember the exact path , but something like this only) your DBA might be able to help you out with this.
It should solve your problem.
In case u r stuck , revert back.
Previous Topic: Parallelism in select
Next Topic: URGET:-SQL statements not performing well.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:48:58 CDT 2024