Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Restore database !!!
Restore database !!! [message #72015] Sun, 23 February 2003 19:03 Go to next message
pennie
I have a database version 8.1.6 resides at 2 servers (SUN Server). Host A is the production server and host B is for recovery purpose. Everyday night, I need to restore the full production database from host A to host B. Is there any way for me to perform this other than export/import?
Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks a lot
Re: Restore database !!! [message #72017 is a reply to message #72015] Mon, 24 February 2003 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
you can also do a copy backup to server B
or
use RMAN to CLONE server A to Server B
Re: Restore database !!! [message #72022 is a reply to message #72015] Mon, 24 February 2003 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pennie
Can I know what is the meaning of 'do a copy backup', I am not so sure about it.
Besides that, can you show me the steps on how to restore the database by using RMAN to clone? I am quite new to the recovery method.
Anyway, you had give me some ideas about it. Thanks a lot Raj.
Re: Restore database !!! [message #72025 is a reply to message #72015] Tue, 25 February 2003 06:16 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
typo!
i meant a cold copy backup.
refer to RMAN docs in oracle DOCS.
RMAN does the Online backup of databases. It creates "backup pieces" inlcuding the current control file.
Using RMAN u need to apply these backuppiecs in another machine and ur new CLONED database is ready~
we clone our production system to TEST and DEV machines
frequently using the rman backup.

Previous Topic: Re: Safe to *not backup* index tablespace?
Next Topic: Backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:01:21 CDT 2024