Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Urgent:RMAN auto job
Urgent:RMAN auto job [message #73957] Tue, 10 August 2004 21:53 Go to next message
David
Dear all,

I am a new user to RMAN. I am not sure if I have to configure so that the server backups automatically, which way I should use. Will dbms_jobs helps? If dbms_jobs is the right choice, I should use stored procedure to records the steps to backup? Could litte more details be shown if there are other methids to use. I am using linux 7.3 platform.

Thank you!!

Best regards,
David
Re: Urgent:RMAN auto job [message #73958 is a reply to message #73957] Wed, 11 August 2004 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

If u want to automate ur RMAN backups so DBMS_JOBS will not help u.

You have to create a RMAN backup script and using some OS scheduler like cronjob on linux, u can schedule it as per the requirement.

Best of Luck
Daljit Singh
Re: Urgent:RMAN auto job [message #73968 is a reply to message #73958] Thu, 12 August 2004 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David
Hi,

I am writing a file for cronjob .

##
echo "RMAN started" >> /opt/rman.log

RMAN target sys/change
run{
allocate channel c1 type disk ;
backup datafile 1;
}

echo "RMAN ended" >> /opt/rman.log

##

When i tested the file, no backup was really done, and i only got the "RMAN started" in the log.Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Regards
Re: Urgent:RMAN auto job [message #73974 is a reply to message #73968] Fri, 13 August 2004 02:03 Go to previous message
Daljit Singh
Hi,

Try "rman target sys/change" instead of "RMAN target sys/change"

Daljit Singh
Previous Topic: Oracle Control File Backup Error?
Next Topic: RMAN using standard out or named pipe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:47:04 CDT 2024