Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Streams Slow, high CPU usage
Streams Slow, high CPU usage [message #75687] Fri, 13 February 2004 11:54 Go to next message
mimi
Anyone else configure streams and see very high cpu utilization from the capture and propagation process? We're hoping to use streams to replicate to non-Oracle DB. Load tests so far have shown not viable option. 2 Oracle DBs configured replicate using streams, spiked CPU on dual CPU and took 27 min to replicate 40K records. The same 2 DBs, same test using advanced replication shows CPU idle 25% and records replicate in 7min. I am hoping I am missing a configuration option. I tried parallel 1 and 2 on capture and apply process and did not see much of a difference. Are there any articles on tuning the throughput and resource utilization? I have not had luck finding any.
Re: Streams Slow, high CPU usage [message #75692 is a reply to message #75687] Wed, 10 March 2004 23:33 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Hi,

If I remember correctly, I've seen a similar thread on the OTN forums. Though, I haven't experienced it myself.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: Propagation rules
Next Topic: Error while executing Apply process in Oracle Streams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:18:34 CDT 2024