Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » How I can Build a webpage in oracle.
How I can Build a webpage in oracle. [message #76624] Fri, 21 February 2003 19:11 Go to next message
shahzad-ul-hasan
dear sir,
pls help me to build a web page in oracle.
i want to publish my school results online. so i use oracle, but i have not any success to build a web page using web page assistant of oracle 8.0.5 and 8.1.7. pls help me to build or send me how i can build a page in oracle.
thanks for help me.......
Re: How I can Build a webpage in oracle. [message #76629 is a reply to message #76624] Tue, 25 February 2003 05:09 Go to previous message
funky oracle gorilla
hi,

I presume you have an oracle database preferrably 8.1.7 or higher.

If you want to deploy your data through a browser, there's a couple of ways you can use to go about this.

1. use oracle portal, an easy to use product that doesn't need any programming skills. You will need to install oracle 9ias though. Use this instead of any of the older oracle products such as webdb. Try downloading release 1 from otn (oracle technet) instead of release 2, since release 2 demands a lot in terms of hardware configuration.

2. use Pl/sql procedures using the plsql web toolkit. You will need some programming experience since plsql is a 3gl programming language. What it does essentially, is translate plsql into html which you can present to a browser. Here you will also need oracle 9ias but you need not install portal (just the apache server which is included with the database instal as well).

3. you can also use java. For this you need Jdeveloper. You can build Jsp's for example and deploy those trough a web server.

hope this helps

funky oracle gorilla
Previous Topic: Re: ORACLE CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL TEST EXAM
Next Topic: Reverse Eng
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:08:51 CDT 2024