Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » PLSQL Server Pages
PLSQL Server Pages [message #76633] Tue, 25 February 2003 16:24 Go to next message
Melissa Burwell
I am currently trying to develop a web app utilizing the htp.p built in to generate out the html/javascript code. I have a procedural / "best way to handle" type question.

I am generating an html table. There are field labels and then data that is coming from the database. When the query returns "No Data Found" or when a null is returned, I need the html table to include a ' ' to retain the html table formatting.

Likewise is I am executing a cursor and filling up a table and the cursor returns no rows, I still need the table definition and the field headings.

What is the best practice for dealing with these situations?

I have tried using nvl in the query, but if the datatype is numeric or date, then I can not use nvl(column, ' '). Liekwise if I do a "select into" and the variables have a default value of ' ', if the data that I am getting from the database is numeric or date, I get a datatype mismatch error.

Any ideas?
Re: PLSQL Server Pages [message #76634 is a reply to message #76633] Tue, 25 February 2003 16:27 Go to previous message
Melissa Burwell
The above message ommited my "nbsp" verbage.

when you see two single qotes ... they are supposed to contain nbsp.

Sorry for the bad post.
Previous Topic: Servlet error: Renderer failed: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
Next Topic: Version of Application Server
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:27:11 CDT 2024