Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Other Products like iAS 9i
Other Products like iAS 9i [message #76704] Fri, 09 May 2003 15:28 Go to next message
Thomas L
Are there other vendors that have a similar product to Oracle 9iAS Forms/Report Service?

Data: I would like to web enable all my Forms/Reports to Java so that they can be accessed via Browser while keeping to Oracle Forms Developer to develop everything under. Unfortunately Oracle has incorporated the older WEB DB product into the Oracle 9iAS so that one can not purchase the Product to enable forms/reports without purchasing 9iAS. The problem is the Cost factor of Oracle 9iAS rather than just buying that particular piece.
Are there other vendors or products that can convert forms to Java like oracle does 100% so that there are no recoding just like oracle says it could?

If you are an Forms/Reports developer using Forms 6i or earlier, what are your thoughts as Oracle Forms 9i forces one to also buy the 9iAS as everything is moved to this architecture and Forms 6i De-support occurs next year.
Thomas
Re: Other Products like iAS 9i [message #76884 is a reply to message #76704] Tue, 10 February 2004 12:23 Go to previous message
Shelley Haslip
We are in the same boat you are in. I was really hoping there was a reply to your post. We do NOT want to purchase and manage 9iAS - but 6i obviously won't be supported forever - and the next option seems to be web deployment. I have recently been told that you don't have to install 9iAS, but Forms 9i can be deployed to the web through OC4J. I have no idea whether they mean OC4J can be running on the server and deploy the forms, or if they mean it has to be installed on each client to do this. Plus - is there any other way to purchase Forms & Reports 9i other than with 9iAS? If not - all that means is that we may not have to INSTALL 9iAS, but we still have to BUY it to get Forms & Reports 9i. I'm confused and I want my Forms & Reports 6i architecture back :-)
Previous Topic: Oracle and ADO
Next Topic: Proxy Error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:16:33 CDT 2024