Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Oracle 9i Application Installation
Oracle 9i Application Installation [message #76738] Tue, 10 June 2003 03:03 Go to next message
MAM
Right now i am working on client/server envronment, i want to migrate my forms and reports to webenabled.
i want to install oracle 9i Application Server and cutomize to three tire architecture.some one plz help me to install 9iAS and configure it.

thanks
Re: Oracle 9i Application Installation [message #76740 is a reply to message #76738] Wed, 11 June 2003 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
did you install 9ias?
have any problems? 
please post the exact message here.
general prcedure is ( depending on the need).
1. first you need to install infrastructure.
2. then install the middle tier ( you can choose the options of portal/discoverer/report/forms etc).
it is recomended to have the infrastructure and 
middletier in seperate machines THOUGH it is not a must. Both will work good in the same host too.
3. then install your J2EE stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. after every installation and autoconfiguration some messages pop out.
they contain the url witha specific port  for httpserver and enterprise manager website. NOTE THEM Carefullly.
2. once you are done with the installation ( wiz, a customer database IASDB is automatically created for demos), goto the EM website make sure the the concerned services are available.
3. got the demopage , check the demos.
   for discoverer plus, it will automatically install
   required compoents for JInitiator.
4. GO THROUGH THE ORACLE APPLICATION SERVER documentation. everything is clearly explained.
5. first start playing around with dcmctl , emctl , oid
etc. 
first you need start the database and listener, then oracle HTTP , oc4j etc.then you can port your applications/reports.

Re: Oracle 9i Application Installation [message #76785 is a reply to message #76740] Mon, 18 August 2003 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
9ias EMW
How can I work around the EMW won't login after reboot. Work if after installation with ias_admin username and oracle1 password, but after a reboot or a return to windows a day after the password don't work. Please help.
Re: Oracle 9i Application Installation [message #76880 is a reply to message #76740] Fri, 06 February 2004 08:09 Go to previous message
Alessandro
Hi,

I need to install Oracle discoverer 9i. What does I need?

I want to install the folowing versions:
- Discoverer Admninistrator and Cliente Desktop (9.0.2.39...).

I know Ineed oracle 8.1.7.0.0 Data Base. But how can I do to install all the enviroment? There is any script, check list, etc?

Tks
Previous Topic: 9iAS installation in AIX 4.3.3.0 Server
Next Topic: Oracle and ADO
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:51:05 CDT 2024