Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Webforms crashing explorer.exe
Webforms crashing explorer.exe [message #77605] Thu, 18 October 2001 03:27 Go to next message
Geoff Colligan
Have a webforms based application that occasionally crashes explorer.exe on the client machines.

Client machines have restriced access and I suspect that this is what is causing the problem because we have never seen the problem in the development environment (our desktops are not restricted).

Has anybody got any ideas or have they seen it before??

Thanks,

Geoff

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Webforms crashing explorer.exe [message #77719 is a reply to message #77605] Wed, 07 November 2001 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
There is lots of this on meta-link. May be your issue, may not. Seems there is debate on: if the forms developer tool compiles a form the same way as the ifcomp60.exe compile program. People are saying that if you compile in developer6i forms builder and then deploy your form will be prone to crash with GPFs, but that if you save the form and "manually" compile it with ifcomp60.exe and then deploy, it is far more stable. I have this problem (I think), and will be attempting a fix tonight using this method. I don't really know if this is because I may have not done a "compile for Web" but instead a "compile for ClientSever", or if I acutally need to do the manual ifcomp60.exe compile. Good luck. Kevin M.

Re: Webforms crashing explorer.exe [message #77730 is a reply to message #77605] Thu, 08 November 2001 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geoff Colligan
The way we develop and deploy is that after all the forms have been finished with, then we run a script that incorporates ifcmp to recompile everything (fmb, mmb, lib etc) before deployment to web.

Let me know if it fixes any of your problems.

Thanks,

Geoff

Re: Webforms crashing explorer.exe [message #77737 is a reply to message #77605] Thu, 08 November 2001 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Meade
Thanks, I will be attempting this very thing this week (likely tonight). I appreciate your response; I was able to find additional supportive info on Metalink. Assuming this works (and I expect it will), we will adopt your suggestion.

Kevin Meade

Re: Webforms crashing explorer.exe [message #77739 is a reply to message #77730] Fri, 09 November 2001 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Geoff Colligan
Where did you find the information on Metalink?? I have looked for some info on it and I have also posted on their forums but I've yet to find any information on any of this.

Thanks,

Geoff

Re: Webforms crashing explorer.exe [message #77744 is a reply to message #77739] Fri, 09 November 2001 06:10 Go to previous message
Kevin Meade
I just did some searches with various key terms like "forms crash", GPF, and the like and then started reading. There are maybe 3 references that speak to the issue and suggest that the ifcmp60.exe compile solution is the way to go, although only 1 is very clear about it and you must read all the way through the message thread to see the solution (sometimes the answer is in the beginning of the thread, sometimes the middle, sometimes the end, so you have to read all). I admit, I had to look through 200 or so messages, but every answer I have needed so far to my install problems has been addressed by Metalink message threads (as someone has already been where I am going it seems, lucky for me not to be the one out front this time). So, we have started to "manually" compile all our forms using ifcmp60.exe (or is it ifcomp60.exe), before placing in service as web forms. This seems to fix the problem of GPFing. Now, if I can only get past the "failed to connect to server" error.

Good luck, feel free to email me at kevin.meade@thehartford.com if you need to talk more.

Previous Topic: radio_group/get selected button
Next Topic: Re: Self test Q's on OCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:19:48 CDT 2024