Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Mater Detail Insert
Mater Detail Insert [message #78551] Fri, 01 March 2002 09:59 Go to next message
Tyler
Hello,

As a Master, I have a product name and detail many records in tabular form. I have an add button no the form with CREATE_RECORD; behinde it; When this button is pushed, as of now the product name and all the details are cleared and awaiting new additons. This is not the functionality I want, I want to be able to insert a new detail only and leave the product name there....suggestions???

Thanx
T
Re: Mater Detail Insert [message #78558 is a reply to message #78551] Sun, 03 March 2002 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sethu
Tyler,
Nothing to do so drastic. After creating the Master Details blocks, it's BUILT IN. Just populate the PRODUCT NAMES in master block(Execute query). This will show up the details in the down block.
Then just add the record in the detail block. Your product name remains there and if you want you can clear the detail block fully using CLEAR_BLOCK biult-in and still you can see the PROCT_NAME master block.
Re: Mater Detail Insert [message #78561 is a reply to message #78558] Sun, 03 March 2002 08:44 Go to previous message
Tyler
I have found out what the problem was, I didn't have GO_BLOCK to the Details block to insert new record in relavence to the Master. So the CREATE_RECORD; built in was going to Master block and CREATE'ing'_RECORD.

'THANX':= :TYLER;
Previous Topic: Text List
Next Topic: Forms Open API and ActiveX
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:37:23 CDT 2024