Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Urgent - Please reply ASAP !!!!!
Urgent - Please reply ASAP !!!!! [message #78790] Mon, 18 March 2002 04:31 Go to next message
Samir Patel
Hello All,

I wanted to know from the User group which tool is better for Rapid Application developement . Powerbuilder or Oracle Forms 6i.

We have around 60 PB applications working with Sybase as its backend. We have moved to an Oracle Backend after we bought Oracle Financials 11i so some of the financial info comes from Oracle and some stays in Sybase.We have Oracle 8i as the database backend.

We are intending to move all of our Sybase data to the Oracle Backend too but the problem is in the front end.

We have a lot of our business logic on the Powerbuilder front end at this time as well as in stored procs in the backend.

Can some one please suggest to me which front end should i go with for re-writing these existing PB applications as well as new Applications to be done in the future and which tool is better in terms of Features and Functions PB or Forms ?

Also we have a lot of Reporting in our applications. How rich is Oracle reports for Adhoc query type reports ?

Your fast response/opinion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance gurus.
Regards,
Samir Patel.
Re: Urgent - Please reply ASAP !!!!! [message #78792 is a reply to message #78790] Mon, 18 March 2002 05:12 Go to previous message
pratap kumar tripathy
as your back end is in oracle, it is better idea to use developer 6i and report 6i.it is easier to use and as it is one of the oracle product , it is easier to interface with backend.also in developer, most of the processing like locking, data validation)(basic) will be automatically taken care of, so it will be lot user to develop application.the only problem is to educate the current staff in developer.

good luck!!!
Previous Topic: button_palette
Next Topic: Developer 2000
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:09:32 CDT 2024